Our focus is on providing personal and customized counseling for secondary school, college and university admission. We take time to learn all we can about each student in order to identify institutions that most closely relate to his or her strengths, interests and needs.
Over the years, we have had the pleasure of serving hundreds of wonderful students and families from around the world and invite you to contact us to learn how we can best assist you and your child.
We focus on providing individual attention to each student which includes:
- Meeting with students and their parents to comprehensively evaluate developmental levels, academic needs and extra-curricular interests
- Reviewing transcripts, testing and other relevant material
- Conducting thorough research to determine which programs best meet the needs of the student
- Recommending a range of institutions based on the educational objectives of the family and the academic accomplishments of the student and then suggesting a methodology to investigate them
- Developing a comprehensive outline of the key steps in the process
- Acquainting students with the major components of the admission process and offering ongoing assistance with each phase of the admission cycle
- Providing valuable assistance in completing applications and evaluating options
- Helping students to improve their chances for admission
As members of the Independent Educational Consultants Organization, we strictly adhere to their Principles of Good Practice. The principles serve as ethics guidelines for practitioners and are designed to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional service and personal conduct among Independent Consultants.
Deb Landon, an independent educational consultant since 2002, counsels students in the college and graduate admissions process. She has personally visited and evaluated numerous colleges and graduate programs throughout North America and overseas. Prior to becoming an Independent Consultant, Deborah served as an alumna admissions representative for Connecticut College and in an advisory capacity to foreign national MBA students at the University of Illinois. Deborah has over twenty years of experience in client service and consulting.
Ms. Landon received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Connecticut College and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Illinois. She has lived in Europe and Asia and possesses a strong understanding of the educational needs of international students and families. Deborah has participated in classes and workshops addressing college admissions trends, undergraduate and graduate admissions counseling, international educational systems, learning styles, time management strategies and psycho-educational assessment.
Her professional memberships include:
- The Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Overseas Association of College Admission Counselors (OACAC)
- European Council of International Schools (ECIS/CIS)
- Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC)